|For 2013/14 academic year, BlackBerry is offering scholarships for women applicants. The BlackBerry Scholars Program is a global four-year scholarship program open to US and non-US students worldwide for pursuing undergraduate study in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics at an accredited college or university. Up to ten awards will be awarded to cover tuition fees. An internship at BlackBerry may be required for three months period during third or fourth year of study, with all related living and travel expenses associated with the internship to be paid by BlackBerry. Interested applicants can apply till June 26th, 2013.|
Study Subject(s): Scholarship is offered to pursue a course of study majoring or concentrating in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing undergraduate degree level at an accredited college or university.
Scholarship Provider: BlackBerry
Scholarship can be taken at: USA
- All applicants to The BlackBerry Scholars Program must be female and age 18 or older (or the equivalent age of majority where you live). If the applicant is a minor, consent for participation in the program and acceptance of the Award is required from their parent or legal guardian at the time of application for the Program.
- The Program is open to U.S. and non-U.S. students worldwide, unless otherwise indicated in these terms and conditions or in other documentation associated with the Program.
- Applicants must be entering as a full-time first year undergraduate in the 2013-2014 academic year at an accredited college or university and planning to pursue a course of study majoring or concentrating in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics. Transfer between Science, Technology and Math programs will not affect payment of the award, however BlackBerry must be notified prior to any transfer.
- Employees of BlackBerry and members of the scholarship selection panel, and members of their immediate families or others living in the same household, are not eligible for a scholarship through the Program and should not apply.
- Applicants must not have ever been convicted of a crime or have acted in a manner that will bring BlackBerry into disrepute, in BlackBerry's sole discretion.
The BlackBerry Scholars Program is a global four-year scholarship program for outstanding women entering their first year of undergraduate study at an accredited college or university. The Program is designed to help increase the number of women studying and influencing the future of mobile computing, including Science, Technology, Engineering and Math, and particularly those with an interest and/or aptitude in the mobile computing space.
The terms and conditions include (but are not limited to):
- The Recipient must remain an active, full-time student, enrolled in an undergraduate program in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math related fields at all times during the academic years of the Award.
- The Recipient must remain in good academic standing and maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or higher (or local equivalent) in order to maintain the award or forfeit the remainder of the Award. Recipient will be required to submit a current academic transcript following the end of each academic year, as will be detailed in the terms and conditions.
- Through the four years of study covered by the Award, the Recipient must use a BlackBerry® smartphone exclusively (to be provided by BlackBerry) and must participate in various BlackBerry "Keep Moving" projects, training, networking opportunities and mentoring programs identified by BlackBerry, and may be responsible for written materials from time to time as may be requested by BlackBerry. All written work product and blog entries will become property of BlackBerry.
- An internship at BlackBerry may be required for three (3) months period during third or fourth year of study, with all related living and travel expenses associated with the internship to be paid by BlackBerry.
- Payment of the Scholarships will be made directly to the college or university in which the recipient is matriculated and enrolled on an annual basis before the start of each school year.
- Any tax implications for the Scholarship will depend on the tax law where the individual Recipient resides and may also depend on the policies and procedures at the college or university where the recipient has matriculated.
Duration of award(s): Scholarship is offered for four year.
What does it cover?
The scholarship award (individually, a "Scholarship" or an "Award", together, the "Awards") includes full tuition for the 2013-2014, 2014-2015, 2015-2016 and 2016-2017 academic years, and will be awarded at the beginning of the school year. The Scholarship does not cover room and board, other living expenses, books or materials fees, transportation, or other costs not included in tuition.
Selection Criteria: Complete applications will be reviewed by a panel comprised of judges and panelists representing the BlackBerry® Scholars Program, whose collective expertise covers a wide range of disciplines. Applicants will be evaluated and selected based on the following criteria, to be weighted equally in the selection determination:
- Secondary school (high school) academic record
- Quality of answers to written essay questions
- Extracurricular, community, and other leadership activities
- Demonstrated financial need.
How to Apply: Access the application for the Program here. Applicants are required to complete and submit application materials online. Applicants must provide:
- Personal information (including name, date of birth, contact information, citizenship, gender)
- Details of secondary education (high school or equivalent), including examination results. A copy of your transcript is required.
- Details of extracurricular activities (organizations, clubs, volunteer activities, sports, leadership experience, etc.)
- College or university name, address, course of study and other information, including whether anticipated coursework is related to mobile computing. You will be required to submit a copy of your acceptance letter from the school and the contact information for the Dean of Admissions or Admissions Office.
- Financial information, including anticipated annual tuition costs. (Note: Room and board, materials fees, and other costs are not covered by the scholarship.) You will also be asked to provide information about financial needs and how you will financially support yourself through your education.
- One (1) letter of recommendation from a teacher or academic advisor at your secondary school (high school) and one (1) letter of recommendation from a community leader, employer, coach, or other non-family member.
- Response to the essay question intended to allow BlackBerry to know you better and understand what drives your interest in mobile computing. Essays will be limited in length to 2000 words and should be submitted in accordance with application for the Award and the formatting requirements described therein.
|Zemlja:||Sjedinjene Američke Države|
|E-mail za prijavu:|
|Nivo studija:||Osnovne studije|
|Oblast studija:||Biološke nauke, Fizika, Geološke nauke, Hemija, Biohemija i molekularna biologija, Matematika, Zaštita životne sredine (ekologija), Arhitektura i urbanizam, Elektrotehnika, Geodezija, Građevinarstvo, Hemijsko inženjerstvo, Metalurgija, Informacione tehnologije, Rudarstvo i geološko inženjertsvo, Mašinstvo, Saobraćaj, Tekstilno inženjerstvo, Industrijsko inženjerstvo, Zaštita na radu, Telekomunikacije|
|Vrsta/tip stipendije:||za studiranje|